My name is Megan Cohen. I’m an adoption attorney but long before that I became a birth mother. I gave my son up for adoption in 1988. If you are pregnant and unsure what to do, I have been there and I can help.
I am different from other adoption attorneys
I have been through what you’re going through. The reason I became an adoption attorney is to help women like yourself
make the best choice for their situation. Adoption isn’t the best option for everyone. It is my job, my duty, to help you ask the right question and give you accurate information so you can make the best choice for you and your baby. Here’s how I’m different from other adoption attorneys:
- I gave my baby up for adoption. I know exactly what you’re going through. (Read my story)
- Through every step of the process I will be with you 24/7
- I support any decision you make, whether you choose adoption or to parent.
- When the adoption is complete, I will still be there for you in the years to come.
- You will have a chance to connect with other birth mothers who have worked with me. (Read birth mother stories here)
You have a right to an adoption attorney, at no cost to you
Many women don’t realize that they have a right to an attorney when making an adoption plan. When you work with me, my services are absolutely free. Many women believe that an adoption agency is their only option. This isn’t true, and in many cases, an attorney is your best option. Here’s why an attorney may be your best option:
- An attorney owes her duty to you, the client. She will look out for your best interests.
- She knows the law in your home state and any other state relevant to the adoption
- Your attorney will make sure you have thorough and accurate information
Contact Me Today
- Click here to send me a confidential text
- Click here to send a confidential email
- Call my office at (800) 877-1880 and ask for me.
You can send me your questions about adoption or ask me to send you more information. Your communication with me is always confidential, and you’re never under any obligation to do an adoption. I’m here to help, not to pressure you or tell you what to do. I look forward to hearing from you.